Don’t Worry. But Don’t Wait.
Should you be concerned? Perhaps. If you are concerned, call right away. If your child is on track, you’ll be reassured. If your child needs assistance, you’ll find out now, when it’s the best time to help!
At 5 years, talk to your child’s doctor if she:
- doesn’t show a wide range of emotions
- shows extreme behavior (unusually fearful, aggressive, shy, or sad)
- is unusually withdrawn and not active
- is easily distracted and has trouble focusing on one activity for more than 5 minutes
- doesn’t respond to people or responds only superficially.
Get a developmental screen: the Ages and Stages Questionnaire is a child development screener that allows you to check in on how your child is growing and learning.
Get A Developmental Screen